Timeout expired in connection

Jones Ambrosi

Hi,

I have problems using COM+ object. In the object I run stored procedure
using command object to get statistics information from database. The server
component running and too IIS 5.0 under W2K. The database in other server.

1 fact:
- Normal operation return with server working low process and filters is
shorten time(5 days).The statistics table have most of 700.000 itens
- Command object running with command timeout default.
- COM+ have more than 10 minutes of shutdown time
This enviroment was worked before.

2 fact:
- Change command timeout of command object to try solve problem, but not
work.

3 fact:
- I create page with to debug other methods:
1) insert direct connection from ASP page to stored procedure and
commandtimeout is default;
2) insert direct connection change commandtimeout to 600;
3) insert the access to object call statistic's stored procedure;

Results:
1) An error returned to timeout with code: -2147217871;
2) The statistics is returned from stored procedure without problens;
3) Object is returned other code for timeout and I not find
solution: -2147221494;

I wanna know what´s happening now, because all stuff were right before.
Is it could be a problem caused by a large number of registers at the tables
involved on query?
Before, when the enviroment worked very well, the number of rows in the
table was less then 50.000. Now, this number is almost 800.000.

Tks,
Jones

jbongran

Jones said:
[...]

Same thing on on AS400, reindexing the databases solved the problem.

Jones Ambrosi

Hi,

I try reindex table but the errors persist. I like understand error's
significat to solve this problem. If you teaching me about timeout expired
erros I will be grateful.