Timeout expired in connection

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Jones Ambrosi, Aug 5, 2003.

  1. Hi,

    I have problems using COM+ object. In the object I run stored procedure
    using command object to get statistics information from database. The server
    component running and too IIS 5.0 under W2K. The database in other server.

    1 fact:
    - Normal operation return with server working low process and filters is
    shorten time(5 days).The statistics table have most of 700.000 itens
    - Command object running with command timeout default.
    - COM+ have more than 10 minutes of shutdown time
    This enviroment was worked before.

    2 fact:
    - Change command timeout of command object to try solve problem, but not
    work.

    3 fact:
    - I create page with to debug other methods:
    1) insert direct connection from ASP page to stored procedure and
    commandtimeout is default;
    2) insert direct connection change commandtimeout to 600;
    3) insert the access to object call statistic's stored procedure;

    Results:
    1) An error returned to timeout with code: -2147217871;
    2) The statistics is returned from stored procedure without problens;
    3) Object is returned other code for timeout and I not find
    solution: -2147221494;

    I wanna know what´s happening now, because all stuff were right before.
    Is it could be a problem caused by a large number of registers at the tables
    involved on query?
    Before, when the enviroment worked very well, the number of rows in the
    table was less then 50.000. Now, this number is almost 800.000.

    Tks,
    Jones

    Jones Ambrosi, Aug 5, 2003

  2. Jones Ambrosi

    jbongran Guest

    Jones Ambrosi wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have problems using COM+ object. In the object I run stored
    > procedure using command object to get statistics information from
    > database. The server component running and too IIS 5.0 under W2K. The
    > database in other server.
    >
    > 1 fact:
    > - Normal operation return with server working low process and filters
    > is shorten time(5 days).The statistics table have most of 700.000
    > itens
    > - Command object running with command timeout default.
    > - COM+ have more than 10 minutes of shutdown time
    > This enviroment was worked before.
    >
    > 2 fact:
    > - Change command timeout of command object to try solve problem, but
    > not work.
    >
    > 3 fact:
    > - I create page with to debug other methods:
    > 1) insert direct connection from ASP page to stored procedure and
    > commandtimeout is default;
    > 2) insert direct connection change commandtimeout to 600;
    > 3) insert the access to object call statistic's stored procedure;
    >
    > Results:
    > 1) An error returned to timeout with code: -2147217871;
    > 2) The statistics is returned from stored procedure without
    > problens; 3) Object is returned other code for timeout and I not
    > find
    > solution: -2147221494;
    >

    > I wanna know what´s happening now, because all stuff were right
    > before.
    > Is it could be a problem caused by a large number of registers at the
    > tables involved on query?
    > Before, when the enviroment worked very well, the number of rows in
    > the table was less then 50.000. Now, this number is almost 800.000.
    >
    > Tks,
    > Jones

    Same thing on on AS400, reindexing the databases solved the problem.

    jbongran, Aug 5, 2003

  3. Hi,

    I try reindex table but the errors persist. I like understand error's
    significat to solve this problem. If you teaching me about timeout expired
    erros I will be grateful.

    Jones Ambrosi, Aug 6, 2003