Timeout in XSD file?

ASF

Running ASP.NET 2.0
I have a very convenient DAL in the form of an XSD file but
unfortunately the XSD hits a table that has millions of records and
this causes slowness which exceeds the default timeout of the XSD
file. I've tried setting the timeouts in all other locations
(web.config connection string and execution timeout) to no avail.

It's clear that I need to change the timeout in the XSD's dataadapter
but I do not believe this is possible as the code is auto-generated.
Does anyone have an example/link on how to recreate an XSD
programmatically? I want the lowest coding impact here and don't want
to have to rewrite the DLL if at all possible.

Thanks much!