    stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424" sqlConnectionString="data
    source=127.0.0.1;Trusted_Connection=yes" cookieless="false" timeout="2000"
    />
    Siegfried Heintze, Aug 9, 2006

  2. Is it the timeout on the page that is the issue, or timeout on your
    connection and/or command objects? In general, timeout problems are database
    timeouts and not page timeouts. If that is the case, you should look at the
    database objects or, preferably, tune the database.

    If this is truly session timeout, you have to leave the machine on all the
    time and never turn it off. In addition, you have to ensure the worker
    process never reboots (which can be dangerous).

    What is the reason for permanent session? You are storing things in session?
    Okay, make an object and check it on each page hit. If null (session timeoed
    out), rebuild it. Easy solution that only builds the object when necessary
    and does not require eternal session state.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think Outside the Box!

    msnews.microsoft.com, Aug 10, 2006

  3. Siegfried Heintze

    Guest

    You can also use the StateService to store the session state in that
    way when the worker process is reset your data in session will not be
    affected.

    1> Start the State Service from Control Panel -> Services ->
    StateService
    2> Changes the web.config to:

    <sessionState mode="StateServer"

    msnews.microsoft.com wrote:
    > Is it the timeout on the page that is the issue, or timeout on your
    > connection and/or command objects? In general, timeout problems are database
    > timeouts and not page timeouts. If that is the case, you should look at the
    > database objects or, preferably, tune the database.
    >
    > If this is truly session timeout, you have to leave the machine on all the
    > time and never turn it off. In addition, you have to ensure the worker
    > process never reboots (which can be dangerous).
    >
    > What is the reason for permanent session? You are storing things in session?
    > Okay, make an object and check it on each page hit. If null (session timeoed
    > out), rebuild it. Easy solution that only builds the object when necessary
    > and does not require eternal session state.
    >

    > --
    > Gregory A. Beamer
    > MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    > Think Outside the Box!
    > "Siegfried Heintze" <> wrote in message
    > >I made the following change to my web.config file (see fragment below) but
    > >does not seem to affect the timeout on my web page. I have a huge session
    > >state but since I'm the only one using it, I'd like to set the timeout to
    > >infiinity. How can I do this?
    > > Thanks,
    > > Siegfried
    > >

    > > <sessionState mode="InProc"
    > > stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424" sqlConnectionString="data
    > > source=127.0.0.1;Trusted_Connection=yes" cookieless="false" timeout="2000"
    > > />

    , Aug 10, 2006