Timeout or "Cannot find server or DNS Error" with Response.Redirec

Brent Rogers

I have a asp page that does a Respnse.Redirect() and sometimes I keep
getting a "Cannot find server or DNS Error" [after about a 90 second timeout].

I have validated that the URL being redirected to is valid.

The URL including the query sttring is about 370 charcters long.

The server is a Virtual Machine running Windows Server 2003.

Anyone know what could cause this problem. ?

Anthony Jones

Brent Rogers said:
I have a asp page that does a Respnse.Redirect() and sometimes I keep
getting a "Cannot find server or DNS Error" [after about a 90 second
timeout].

I have validated that the URL being redirected to is valid.

The URL including the query sttring is about 370 charcters long.

The server is a Virtual Machine running Windows Server 2003.

Anyone know what could cause this problem. ?

The DNS service was at the time unable to resolve the hostname to an IP
address on the client. If this happens frequently the client is having some
problem with their network or ISP.

Evertjan.

Anthony Jones wrote on 05 sep 2008 in
Brent Rogers said:
I have a asp page that does a Respnse.Redirect() and sometimes I keep
getting a "Cannot find server or DNS Error" [after about a 90 second
timeout].

I have validated that the URL being redirected to is valid.

The URL including the query sttring is about 370 charcters long.

The server is a Virtual Machine running Windows Server 2003.

Anyone know what could cause this problem. ?

The DNS service was at the time unable to resolve the hostname to an
IP address on the client. If this happens frequently the client is
having some problem with their network or ISP.

You could test this by temporarily inserting the IP-address, if applicable.

Other clients with different ISP's and/or DNS settings will not have this
problem, as it is not a serverside one.