    The URL including the query sttring is about 370 charcters long.

    The server is a Virtual Machine running Windows Server 2003.

    Anyone know what could cause this problem. ?

    Brent Rogers, Sep 5, 2008

  2. "Brent Rogers" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have a asp page that does a Respnse.Redirect() and sometimes I keep
    > getting a "Cannot find server or DNS Error" [after about a 90 second
    > timeout].
    >
    > I have validated that the URL being redirected to is valid.
    >
    > The URL including the query sttring is about 370 charcters long.
    >
    > The server is a Virtual Machine running Windows Server 2003.
    >
    > Anyone know what could cause this problem. ?

    The DNS service was at the time unable to resolve the hostname to an IP
    address on the client. If this happens frequently the client is having some
    problem with their network or ISP.

    --
    Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET

    Anthony Jones, Sep 5, 2008

  3. Brent Rogers

    Evertjan. Guest

    Anthony Jones wrote on 05 sep 2008 in

    > "Brent Rogers" <> wrote in
    > message news:...
    >>I have a asp page that does a Respnse.Redirect() and sometimes I keep
    >> getting a "Cannot find server or DNS Error" [after about a 90 second
    >> timeout].
    >>
    >> I have validated that the URL being redirected to is valid.
    >>
    >> The URL including the query sttring is about 370 charcters long.
    >>
    >> The server is a Virtual Machine running Windows Server 2003.
    >>
    >> Anyone know what could cause this problem. ?

    > The DNS service was at the time unable to resolve the hostname to an
    > IP address on the client. If this happens frequently the client is
    > having some problem with their network or ISP.

    You could test this by temporarily inserting the IP-address, if applicable.

    Other clients with different ISP's and/or DNS settings will not have this
    problem, as it is not a serverside one.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.