Timeout problem

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by ruca, May 6, 2004.

  1. ruca

    ruca Guest

    Hi,

    CONFIGURATIONS
    I have set a timeout for my application to 5 minutes. For that I use
    Session.Timeout = 5.
    In IIS Timeout the value is the default: 20 minutes and 90 seconds for ASP
    Script Timeout

    PROBLEM
    I have a Login page that redirect to a Menu page (if login success). In that
    menu I have some items linking to anothers pages.
    The problem is that when I choose links, sometimes gives me an error saying
    that timeout is over. What's wrong and what can I do.

    NOTES:
    This problem only occurs if the server is Windows 2000. I've try in XP and
    2003 and it works fine.

    --
    Programming ASP.NET with VB.NET
    Thank's (if you try to help me)
    ruca, May 6, 2004

  2. ruca

    kevneedham Guest

    We had this problem and it was due to the Active Directory server
    being playng up. I'm not an Active Directory expert and didn't fix the
    problem myself but see if your network support can check your AD
    server for any problems.
    kevneedham, May 10, 2004