Timeout waiting for an answer in TCPClient

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by QDL, Dec 13, 2006.

  1. QDL

    QDL Guest

    Hello everyone,

    I have an ASPNET app which connects using a TCPClient to a Windows Service
    and exchanges some data. I have installed this app many times on different
    production boxes without problems.

    On one particular Windows 2003, the ASPNET app gives me this error (actually
    it is logged on a personal text log file):

    "System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport
    connection. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt
    failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period
    of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed
    to respond"

    This happens after the connection has been established. (Client.connect)

    The app still works because I have put up a loop which retries after waiting
    half a sec. But they (users) complain it is to slow (15-20 seconds after
    click). I tried increasing RXTimeout but to no avail.

    The very same routines work ok if called from a WindowsForms app, so the
    problem must be in ASPNET or, better IIS... Users say it started to have
    this problem since a couple of months, without anyone installing anything...
    Very, very weird.

    I do not have access to the 2003 box, but I think it might miss latest
    patches or even be without SP1...

    Thanx in advance
    Paolo
    QDL, Dec 13, 2006