Timeouts (testing) for AJAX Web service calls

Lloyd Sheen

It seems that debugging AJAX Web services is about impossible. I have
googled and found the Sys.Net.WebRequestManager.set_defaultTimeout call. I
set the value to 15000 which is supposed to be 15 seconds but I cannot
perform anything in my webservice without timing out.

I have a logging web service which works in IIS but again not with VS 2005
Pro / debugging.

While debugging I am using the ASP.NET development server. Any ideas??

Thanks
Lloyd Sheen

Lloyd Sheen

Lloyd Sheen said:
It seems that debugging AJAX Web services is about impossible. I have
googled and found the Sys.Net.WebRequestManager.set_defaultTimeout call.
I set the value to 15000 which is supposed to be 15 seconds but I cannot
perform anything in my webservice without timing out.

I have a logging web service which works in IIS but again not with VS 2005
Pro / debugging.

While debugging I am using the ASP.NET development server. Any ideas??

Thanks
Lloyd Sheen

Ok, I just found updated docs for this (the video on ASP.NET site is wrong).
I am now changing the calls and ...

Thanks
LS