timer and time out

John Hopper

I use a timer in a web form to perform an event handler every 8 hours. After
about 16 hours I get a 404 error. I've set the session not to time out. Any
idea what is going on?

Thank you,

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

If your timer is part of the web form, the timer goes away when the webform
is garbage collected. You should either use a timer in the global file or
write a separate exe or service to handle the timing event.

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney [MVP ASP.NET]

[Shameless Author plug]
Now Available @ http://tinyurl.com/27cok

John Hopper

Thank you!

John Hopper said:
I use a timer in a web form to perform an event handler every 8 hours.
After
about 16 hours I get a 404 error. I've set the session not to time out.
Any
idea what is going on?

Thank you,

dotnetkumar

but why would one want an event to be fired every 8 hrs?!!

John Hopper said:
Thank you!