Timer Control Delay

Guest

Hi,
I have a web application that refreshes a label control every 1 sec
(interval set by timer control). I am using Atlas panel for refreshing.
Basically I have a method say PollMSMQ(), which polls MSMQ after every 1 sec
& display the message in the label, if any. In the same ASPX page I have
button (Save Data). Problem is that, when my application thread enters to
the method PollMSMQ(), it takes some time to poll the message queue say 3
secs. Within that 3 sec, if I click in the button – ‘Save Data’, button click
event is not firing. I need to click multiple times.

According to my understanding, this is happening because there is some time
delay in poling the MSMQ, and within that time duration we cannot do any
other operation with the browser – means click of the button.

Note that polling MSMQ should happen in a continuous basis and also user
should be able to interact with the browser without experiencing any
difficulty – means should be able to click the button in a single go.

Can anyone give a suggestion for this?

Thanks in advance

bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\)

if you are using sessions, then page requests are serialized. you should not
be making polling calls that take 3 seconds. you should set up a second msmq
manager that does the polling of the first. then polling the second would be
quick.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Guest

Hi,
Pooling is happen in every one second. But it check for the meesage that
takes a few seconds ( may be two or three). Mean time I am loosing the
cortol from my weba application

Umeshnath