Timer function

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by JohnWayne, Feb 11, 2004.

  1. JohnWayne

    JohnWayne Guest

    Hello All,

    I am having a problem calling the Timer function. I get a compile error
    when I include a call to this function.

    Invalid character
    /sirenServer/INCLUDE/test.asp, line 32, column 19
    starttime = Timer()

    Here is my system setup:
    ASP.dll Version: 5.0.2195.6672
    VBscript.dll Version: 5.6.0.8515
    On Windows 2000 with IIS5.0 and front page server extensions 2002.
    IE 6, VS.NET 2003. and Visual Studio 6.

    VBScript Engine: 5.6 Return from :
    response.write "VBScript Engine: "
    response.write ScriptEngineMajorVersion
    response.write "." response.write ScriptEngineMinorVersion

    And according to the Version Information of VBScript, the Timer function
    language element was implemented in Version 5.0.

    Any thoughts??

    JohnWayne, Feb 11, 2004

  2. Type that line over (and maybe the line before and after). Usually this is
    because you copied the code from somewhere and it included some
    non-printable character that the ASP engine doesn't like.

    --
    Aaron Bertrand
    SQL Server MVP

    Aaron Bertrand - MVP, Feb 11, 2004

  3. JohnWayne

    JohnWayne Guest

    Wow, stupid mistake by me, thanks that was it exactly.

    Thanks for your help

    JohnWayne, Feb 11, 2004
  4. Can you show the EXACT error message you received (including the 0x800xxxxx
    code)?

    Thanks

    Aaron Bertrand - MVP, Feb 11, 2004
  5. JohnWayne

    JohnWayne Guest

    Microsoft VBScript compilation (0x800A0408)
    ------------------^

    JohnWayne, Feb 11, 2004
  6. Great, thanks. Just wanted to make sure I covered it.
    http://www.aspfaq.com/2376

    Aaron Bertrand - MVP, Feb 11, 2004
  7. JohnWayne

    JohnWayne Guest