Timers in Online Exams

Archana

we are creating Online Exams Module.Just lke any other online exams on other real sites.

The Case is the user can attempt any question within 3 minutes.after 3 minutes,the next question automatically disappears and another question comes on the page.

We also want to show times in Minutes as a clock just like any other online exams.

My issue is that how can i show time on each page and how can i calculate every 3 minutes.

I know there is Timer/Thread class in c# for web application.But i dont know how they can efiicently work.
Or there is any other better method to do it.

Plaese help me with example or code.

Guest

we are creating Online Exams Module.Just lke any other online exams on other real sites.

The Case is the user can attempt any question within 3 minutes.after 3 minutes,the next question automatically disappears and another question comes on the page.

We also want to show times in Minutes as a clock just like any other online exams.

My issue is that how can i show time on each page and how can i calculate every 3 minutes.

I know there is Timer/Thread class in c# for web application.But i dont know how they can efiicently work.
Or there is any other better method to do it.

Plaese help me with example or code.

I'd suggest to use refresh meta tag to set 3 min to redirect the page.
On the server side you can compare if request redirected within <=3.5
min to ensure that it works and the user didn't stop it manually :)

times in Minutes as a clock should be done as client side js
Example: http://www.java-scripts.net/javascripts/Countdown-Timer.phtml