    can use?

    Thanks,
    Senthil

    Senthil Kumar, Dec 24, 2003

  2. Hi,
    Put a Windows Scheduler Service. Hope that solves your
    problem. .Net facilitates in creating our own custom
    windows services. If you need any info on that, i will
    help you on this.

    thanks
    srinivas moorthy

    srinivas moorthy, Dec 24, 2003

  3. Hi Senthil,
    srinivas post is very good but if you don't have a dedicated server you
    can't do it.
    The alternative is to make the task as web page (ie.ASP or ASP.NET page)
    and make new scheduled tasks in local computer to intiate this page by
    making a small application that request it or even use internet explorer
    (try Start-->run-->iexplore Microsoft.com ).

    Hope that help
    Mohamed Sharaf

    Mohamed Sharaf, Dec 24, 2003
  4. ASP.NET pages aren't designed to do that kind of thing.
    Instead I'd suggest creating a Windows Service.
    Here's more information on Windows Services:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...nvssamp/html/vbcs_CreatingaWindowsService.asp

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Dec 24, 2003
  5. Senthil Kumar

    JiangZemin Guest

    from what Senthil is describing it sounds like a console app + Windows Task
    Scheduler might be worth looking into (simpler also, i would think). agree
    it definitely doesnt sound like a job for ASP.NET.

    HTH

    JiangZemin, Dec 24, 2003
  6. Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Dec 25, 2003
  7. Hi Steve,
    My solution for the guys who can't install a windows service or can't
    work with the server Scheduled tasks because they reserved only a web site
    (virtual hosting)

    Thanks
    Mohamed Sharaf
    MCSD MCT