Timing out requests in Appserver (WAS 3.5)

Hugo Lerias

Hi Java Fans,

In WAS (Websphere Aplication Server) I've detected a feature/bug:

The problem is when the machine is under a lot of load, the requests that
are put on hold aren't timed out.
I want this because the machine answers every request without failure but
the problem is that no one will wait more than 120s for a request in
website! So these requests can be killed.

Does anyone knows how to configure this in WAS? I think this isn't
possible... but I might be wrong.

Does anyone knows some product/plug-in that can be added to WAS to perform
this task, kill runway requests?

Thanks for the help,
Hugo