    so it cannot be hacked. Has anyone got any ideas on how I could implement
    this?

    Nick.
    Nick, Jul 17, 2004

  2. Sure. Get the current time when the user requests the first page of the
    questionnaire, and store it somewhere (database, Session, etc). When they
    post the last page, get the current time again, and subtract the first time
    from it.

    --
    HTH,
    Kevin Spencer

    "Nick" <> wrote in message
    > I have a client who is building an internal questionaire for their
    > employees. However the twist is that they wish to time the user
    > *accurately* in how long they actually take to do the test. I have been
    > further instructed to make the timing solution hidden as much as

    possible -

    Kevin Spencer, Jul 17, 2004

  3. You could pass a cookie with the time when the click the "Start" button and
    then retrieve the cookie when they click the "Done" button. After that it is
    just difference calculation.

    To make it really hidden, use a Session variable.

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Jul 18, 2004
  4. Nick

    Nick Guest

    Hi Kevin, I had thought about that but I wasnt sure if it would be accurate
    enough. For example, because these times are so important, if two people
    actually have the same times but the server lags in dealing with a POST from
    one of them, it would seem they were slower when it was the server itself
    that was the problem. Mayeb I shouldnt worry about that though...

    Thanks for replying.

    Nick, Jul 18, 2004
  5. Nick

    Nick Guest

    Thanks Ken.

    Nick, Jul 18, 2004
  6. Well, you're talking about at most a few seconds.

    --
    HTH,
    Kevin Spencer

    Kevin Spencer, Jul 18, 2004