TimingAnalyzer is now freeware

timinganalyzer

Hi All,

I just wanted to let you know that the TimingAnalyzer is now licensed
as freeware. I just don't have the time needed to make a high
quality commercial product but I do want to keep the development
moving forward and continue to fix problems and add new features as
time permits.

Recently, I have become very interested in Python and using it to
develop similar type cad programs. My plan is to convert the
TimingAnalyzer Java to Python with mostly a scripting interface for
building complex timing diagrams, doing timing analysis, creating
testbenches and testvectors from waveform diagrams,
and creating timing diagrams from simulation VCD files. Most all of
this is text based work anyway.

Developing professional GUIs is very time consuming for me. This has
been my bottleneck with the program all along. With a command line
interface, you will execute a script and in one window, and view and
edit and print the timing diagram shown in another window. Like
Matlab interface.

If anyone is interested in helping with the development, I will make
this an open source project. Just let me know if your interested.

Thanks,
Dan Fabrizio

Antti.Lukats

[...]

a link to your webpage would help
(for those who are lazy)

Antti

James Harris

[...]

I prefer command-line interfaces in general. They are more flexible
and can be automated.

Good choice to move to Python as long as the speed holds up. You may
want to inclulde comp.lang.python.

James

chewie

I prefer command-line interfaces in general. They are more flexible
and can be automated.

Good choice to move to Python as long as the speed holds up. You may
want to inclulde comp.lang.python.

James

Thanks James. I did post a similar message on comp.lang.python.
If there are some speed bottlenecks in Python, there is always the
option
of writing only those parts in a C extension.

Petrov

Thanks James.  I did post a similar message on comp.lang.python.
If there are some speed bottlenecks in Python,  there is always the
option
of writing only those parts in a C extension.- Hide quoted text -

Personally... I wouldn't bother optimizing it with a C extension.
Programmer time is more expensive than computing time. Computers are
getting faster every year. Soon, the slow parts might not even be
noticeable.

Pete