    the "login" control provided by VS 2005 and was hoping there is some other
    method?

    Thanks, Rob.

    Rob R. Ainscough, Mar 22, 2006

  2. Rob R. Ainscough

    q Guest

    Cookies is the old school method (the method I use because I refuse to
    use the non-standards compliant login controls)...

    Just set a cookie on login...

    Check the cookie when any page loads. If its not good, redirect them
    to the login page.

    If they go directly to the login page... check the cookie. If it's
    good, redirect them to the main page you would get after login.

    David Betz
    WinFX Harmonics Blog
    http://www.davidbetz.net/winfx/

    q, Mar 22, 2006

  3. thanks -- is there any way to determine if Cookies are being blocked before
    hand?

    Rob R. Ainscough, Mar 22, 2006
  4. Rob R. Ainscough

    tdavisjr Guest

    You can try to set a temporary cookie. Then on the next line retreive
    the cookie and test to see if it is null. If it is, then cookies is
    turned off. Then you may have to resort to some other method.

    tdavisjr, Mar 22, 2006