Tired of command Line!

sihle87

hi guys,
please help me. i hate running programmes on the command line and it's
becomes very unproffessional to run your programmes through e-clipse
or j-Grasp everytime i'm using a certain problen i've designed. please
tell me how can i make my programms run on the windows without opening
j-Creator or e-clipse. and secondly, is it possible to do this in non-
GUI programmes?

Thanks

Sabine Dinis Blochberger

hi guys,
please help me. i hate running programmes on the command line and it's
becomes very unproffessional to run your programmes through e-clipse
or j-Grasp everytime i'm using a certain problen i've designed. please
tell me how can i make my programms run on the windows without opening
j-Creator or e-clipse. and secondly, is it possible to do this in non-
GUI programmes?

Thanks

You can create a batch file/bash script or shortcut (MS Windows) for
your applications. Then all you need to do is to click that. It works
for console Java applications aswell as GUI ones.

Sumit Rao

hi guys,
please help me. i hate running programmes on the command line and it's
becomes very unproffessional to run your programmes through e-clipse
or j-Grasp everytime i'm using a certain problen i've designed. please
tell me how can i make my programms run on the windows without opening
j-Creator or e-clipse. and secondly, is it possible to do this in non-
GUI programmes?

Thanks

You can create a bat file to run your programme
in it write : start /B javaw [classname]

John W. Kennedy

hi guys,
please help me. i hate running programmes on the command line and it's
becomes very unproffessional to run your programmes through e-clipse
or j-Grasp everytime i'm using a certain problen i've designed. please
tell me how can i make my programms run on the windows without opening
j-Creator or e-clipse. and secondly, is it possible to do this in non-
GUI programmes?

Make an executable JAR file.

--
John W. Kennedy
"Though a Rothschild you may be

Tony Winslow

hi guys,
please help me. i hate running programmes on the command line and it's
becomes very unproffessional to run your programmes through e-clipse
or j-Grasp everytime i'm using a certain problen i've designed. please
tell me how can i make my programms run on the windows without opening
j-Creator or e-clipse. and secondly, is it possible to do this in non-
GUI programmes?

Thanks
Throw away your IDEs, then you'll know that kind of things.
And if you are brave enough and want-to-be-professional enough, throw
away M$-Window$ and go to the Linux world!

Dirk Michaelsen

Make an executable JAR file.

yes, but that doesn't guarantee you that it is executed on click. It
depends on the system settings. On my system JARs are opened with
WinZip on click.

Dirk

Daniel Pitts

Dirk said:
yes, but that doesn't guarantee you that it is executed on click. It
depends on the system settings. On my system JARs are opened with
WinZip on click.

Dirk
That is a misconfiguration that you probably set up yourself. Jar files
*should* be opened by javaw by default.

Roedy Green

please help me. i hate running programmes on the command line and it's
becomes very unproffessional to run your programmes through e-clipse
or j-Grasp everytime i'm using a certain problen i've designed. please
tell me how can i make my programms run on the windows without opening
j-Creator or e-clipse. and secondly, is it possible to do this in non-
GUI programmes?

see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/nativecompiler.html

Roedy Green

please help me. i hate running programmes on the command line and it's
becomes very unproffessional to run your programmes through e-clipse
or j-Grasp everytime i'm using a certain problen i've designed. please
tell me how can i make my programms run on the windows without opening
j-Creator or e-clipse. and secondly, is it possible to do this in non-
GUI programmes?

you can always create shortcuts, even with Java.exe

Roedy Green

please help me. i hate running programmes on the command line and it's
becomes very unproffessional to run your programmes through e-clipse
or j-Grasp everytime i'm using a certain problen i've designed. please
tell me how can i make my programms run on the windows without opening
j-Creator or e-clipse. and secondly, is it possible to do this in non-
GUI programmes?

see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/association.html
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jar.html
to learn how to make jar files executable.

Roedy Green

please help me. i hate running programmes on the command line and it's
becomes very unproffessional to run your programmes through e-clipse
or j-Grasp everytime i'm using a certain problen i've designed. please
tell me how can i make my programms run on the windows without opening
j-Creator or e-clipse. and secondly, is it possible to do this in non-
GUI programmes?

You can use ANT as your script language. The advantage is the scripts
will work on many platforms.

http://mindprod.com/jgloss/ant.html

RedGrittyBrick

Daniel said:
That is a misconfiguration that you probably set up yourself. Jar files
*should* be opened by javaw by default.

Other associations should appear on a context menu (right click) IMO.

On installation, Nokia PC Suite configures Windows to conform with
Nokia's view that, when clicked, any Jar file should be silently added
to a queue to be transferred to your Nokia phone at some time in the future.