tired of command prompt

sihle87

hi guys,

what can i do to be able to run a program without the code showing.
i'm a java programmer and i use windows for my programming. i tried
creating batch file or jar files but i think i was doing wrong. Can
you please help me?

I'll appreciate it.

voorth

hi guys,

what can i do to be able to run a program without the code showing.
i'm a java programmer and i use windows for my programming. i tried
creating batch file or jar files but i think i was doing wrong. Can
you please help me?

I'll appreciate it.

Even though your subject is at odds with your message, I'll attempt to
answer:

In order to suppress the console, you use javaw.exe:
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/javawexe.html

I'm not sure what you mean by "the code showing". Are you referring to
stack traces on the console? (http://mindprod.com/jgloss/trace.html)

Nathandelane

hi guys,

what can i do to be able to run a program without the code showing.
i'm a java programmer and i use windows for my programming. i tried
creating batch file or jar files but i think i was doing wrong. Can
you please help me?

I'll appreciate it.

So let's go back to how you are creating the jar file. First off, are
you using any sort of IDE, like Netbeans or Eclipse? Second, are your
classes in packages, for example package comp.lang.java.project;? And
finally, when you create your jars, are you including a manifest file?
The manifest file is what ultimately tells Java (the JVM) where to
find your main class, or the class containing the main method. If you
can answer those three questions, then I think I can better help you.
Another thing is that even when your classes aren't in jars, it should
be fairly straightforward to create a batch file to run your classes,
however if you have utilized packages, then it may not be as
straightforward.

Nathan

Lord Zoltar

So let's go back to how you are creating the jar file. First off, are
you using any sort of IDE, like Netbeans or Eclipse? Second, are your
classes in packages, for example package comp.lang.java.project;? And
finally, when you create your jars, are you including a manifest file?
The manifest file is what ultimately tells Java (the JVM) where to
find your main class, or the class containing the main method.  If you
can answer those three questions, then I think I can better help you.
Another thing is that even when your classes aren't in jars, it should
be fairly straightforward to create a batch file to run your classes,
however if you have utilized packages, then it may not be as
straightforward.

Nathan

There are also tools that can convert the jar file into a double-
clickable exe file. JSmooth comes to mind, but there are others.