    you please help me?

    I'll appreciate it.

    , Feb 28, 2008

  2. voorth Guest

    On Feb 28, 12:50 pm, wrote:
    > hi guys,
    >
    > what can i do to be able to run a program without the code showing.
    > i'm a java programmer and i use windows for my programming. i tried
    > creating batch file or jar files but i think i was doing wrong. Can
    > you please help me?
    >
    > I'll appreciate it.

    Even though your subject is at odds with your message, I'll attempt to
    answer:

    In order to suppress the console, you use javaw.exe:
    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/javawexe.html

    I'm not sure what you mean by "the code showing". Are you referring to
    stack traces on the console? (http://mindprod.com/jgloss/trace.html)

    voorth, Feb 28, 2008

  3. Nathandelane Guest

    On Feb 28, 4:50 am, wrote:
    > hi guys,
    >
    > what can i do to be able to run a program without the code showing.
    > i'm a java programmer and i use windows for my programming. i tried
    > creating batch file or jar files but i think i was doing wrong. Can
    > you please help me?
    >
    > I'll appreciate it.

    So let's go back to how you are creating the jar file. First off, are
    you using any sort of IDE, like Netbeans or Eclipse? Second, are your
    classes in packages, for example package comp.lang.java.project;? And
    finally, when you create your jars, are you including a manifest file?
    The manifest file is what ultimately tells Java (the JVM) where to
    find your main class, or the class containing the main method. If you
    can answer those three questions, then I think I can better help you.
    Another thing is that even when your classes aren't in jars, it should
    be fairly straightforward to create a batch file to run your classes,
    however if you have utilized packages, then it may not be as
    straightforward.

    Nathan

    Nathandelane, Feb 28, 2008
  4. Lord Zoltar Guest

    On Feb 28, 7:51 am, Nathandelane <> wrote:
    > On Feb 28, 4:50 am, wrote:
    >
    > > hi guys,

    > > what can i do to be able to run a program without the code showing.
    > > i'm a java programmer and i use windows for my programming. i tried
    > > creating batch file or jar files but i think i was doing wrong. Can
    > > you please help me?

    > > I'll appreciate it.

    > So let's go back to how you are creating the jar file. First off, are
    > you using any sort of IDE, like Netbeans or Eclipse? Second, are your
    > classes in packages, for example package comp.lang.java.project;? And
    > finally, when you create your jars, are you including a manifest file?
    > The manifest file is what ultimately tells Java (the JVM) where to
    > find your main class, or the class containing the main method.  If you
    > can answer those three questions, then I think I can better help you.
    > Another thing is that even when your classes aren't in jars, it should
    > be fairly straightforward to create a batch file to run your classes,
    > however if you have utilized packages, then it may not be as
    > straightforward.
    >
    > Nathan

    There are also tools that can convert the jar file into a double-
    clickable exe file. JSmooth comes to mind, but there are others.

    Lord Zoltar, Feb 28, 2008