title in popup

David Dorward

meltedown said:
the title says Individual Type Recording
But on this page I have a link to a popup of the very same page:
http:geotonics.com
and the popup has the url in the title instead of just the title

The title is there, its just after the URL. My guess would be that this is
an anti-pishing security feature of your browser. When I access that page
in Firefox, it behaves as you describe. If I save a local copy and set
location to 1 (so that the address bar is not hidden), then the URL is not
displayed in the window title.

Quite a clever idea I think.

meltedown

David said:
meltedown wrote:

The title is there, its just after the URL. My guess would be that this is
an anti-pishing security feature of your browser. When I access that page
in Firefox, it behaves as you describe. If I save a local copy and set
location to 1 (so that the address bar is not hidden), then the URL is not
displayed in the window title.

Quite a clever idea I think.
This has the same set up with location=1
http:geotonics.com/index2.php
Not much better because the user still sees the url in the location bar.
The idea is to let people use the popups on other sites and make it look
like thier own, but I guess if the location were entirely hidden it
would encourage popup abuse when the source of the popup didn't grant
rights to the other sites.

I noticed that the popup works on MY IE, and the popup finds the mp3
stream OK, but it doesn't play. It seems to work on other peoples IE so
I think the problem may have something to do with my own IE browser
settings. Any clue what the problem might be ?

David Dorward

This has the same set up with location=1
http:geotonics.com/index2.php

You keep missing the (required) "//" from your URLs, please don't - it
prevents my newsreader from turning it into a link.

http://geotonics.com/index2.php
Not much better because the user still sees the url in the location bar.

Shock! Horror! User's can see where they are.
The idea is to let people use the popups on other sites and make it look
like thier own

Precisely what I imagine that feature is designed to prevent.

meltedown

David said:
meltedown wrote:

You keep missing the (required) "//" from your URLs, please don't - it
prevents my newsreader from turning it into a link.

http://geotonics.com/index2.php

OK sorry.

Shock! Horror! User's can see where they are.

Ha ha !!1
Precisely what I imagine that feature is designed to prevent.

Oh Yeah, I agree, but in this case the popup is from a website that
wants to make it available for other sites. I guess its not possible

solitaire

meltedown said:
Why do javascript popups have the url in the title before the title in
the title tags ?

Why are you even _doing_ popups?

I gather you're not bright enough to notice that anyone with a brain is running
a popup _blocker_?

FOAD.