title of popup whilst loading

David

Hi,

I use the following page code to open a popup window - it works OK, but
whilst the popup is loading you can see the URL in the title of the popup
until it's fully loaded and then the title changes to whatever I put in the
<TITLE></TITLE>

Any way to force the popup to display the <TITLE> whilst the page loads?

Thanks

<head>
<TITLE>David's work site</TITLE>
</head>

function popup() {
window.open( "http://mysite/index.asp" ,
'newwin','toolbars,menubar,scrollbars=yes,toolbar=1' ) ;
}
</script>

<BODY onLoad="javascript:popup()">

Grant Wagner

David said:
Hi,

I use the following page code to open a popup window - it works OK, but
whilst the popup is loading you can see the URL in the title of the popup
until it's fully loaded and then the title changes to whatever I put in the
<TITLE></TITLE>

Any way to force the popup to display the <TITLE> whilst the page loads?

Thanks

<head>
<TITLE>David's work site</TITLE>
</head>

function popup() {
window.open( "http://mysite/index.asp" ,
'newwin','toolbars,menubar,scrollbars=yes,toolbar=1' ) ;
}
</script>

<BODY onLoad="javascript:popup()">

No. All you can do is include <TITLE> tags on the page being opened as early as
possible and hope the browser displays it as soon as it sees it.

Besides, the user can always get the URL of the popup anyway, or they can
bookmark it directly, both of which would reveal the URL to the user.

Also, you don't need onload="javascript:methodCall();", onload="methodCall();"
will work just fine.

--
| Grant Wagner <[email protected]>

*