    </TD>
    </TR>
    </TABLE>

    KS, Jan 19, 2004

  2. KS

    brucie Guest

    in post: <news:400ba384$>
    "KS" <> said:

    > I want the title tag

    ^^^ attribute

    > to be displayed all the time when the cursor is over
    > the some html object and not go away after a second or two.

    use a browser other than IE. for gecko browsers the title attribute (and
    a lot of other stuff) only works (shows a tool tip) on the first or
    second monitor.

    --
    brucie - i usenet nude

    brucie, Jan 19, 2004

  3. "KS" <> wrote:

    > I want the title tag to be displayed all the time when the cursor
    > is over the some html object and not go away after a second or two.

    The title tag is not supposed to be displayed at all, and isn't.

    The title element's content is supposed to be made available to the
    user _outside_ the document.

    What you mean is the title _attribute_. Please spend some time in
    studying basic HTML terminology. This is a particularly confusing case,
    since there is a title element (which has a start tag and an end tag)
    and a title attribute (which has no tags but appears inside a tag), and
    they are quite different beasts.

    > <TD title="Messages that should be displayed as long as i have the
    > cursor over this tag">
    > testing
    > </TD>

    Write a browser that behaves so.

    Other people will keep using other browsers, which may or may not
    implement the title attribute in some other way. Regarding HTML
    authoring, this is your starting point, not your desire to create some
    visual effects.

    If the message matters, make it part of the document's content proper,
    in normal text. If not, omit it. In in-between cases, use a title
    attribute if you like, knowing that you have no control over how it
    might be rendered, visually or otherwise.

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

    Jukka K. Korpela, Jan 19, 2004
  4. in news:400ba384$,
    KS typed:
    > I want the title tag to be displayed all the time when the cursor is
    > over the some html object and not go away after a second or two.

    as others have said, this will not suffice for your needs. If you want to
    do this, try a javascript thing. try "OverLib" or something like it.
    Beware, with this you will find the standard javascript issues, such as not
    working on some browsers, and not being able to clean the last bits off your
    dags.

    Disco Octopus, Jan 19, 2004
  5. KS

    KS Guest

    Thanx for fast respond.
    To make it more clear.
    The title attribute in the <TD> tag ( sorry my bad ) that i use behave like
    it suppose to do in IE.
    It only needs to work in IE even it seems to work in Opera also.

    I only need to know if there is anyhow to controll the display time of the
    title attribute ???,
    which get displayed in a yellow box, like som kind of layer.

    Im not thinking about setting the title tag at the top of the browser, but
    as a describing text when
    someone move the cursor over a <TD title="Some informasjon"> </TD> tag in
    the html document.

    KS, Jan 19, 2004
  6. KS

    rf Guest

    "KS" <> wrote in message

    > I only need to know if there is anyhow to controll the display time of the
    > title attribute ???,

    There is no way to control the display time of the title attribute.

    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Jan 19, 2004