    tutorial?

    Thanks very much for your help,
    Thommes
    Thommes, Mar 10, 2005

  2. Thommes

    Ala Qumsieh Guest

    Thommes wrote:
    > Hello eveyone,
    >
    > I'm new to Tk.
    > I want my script to display an image on the screen, then I want the
    > user to be able to draw a rectangluar region of interest into the
    > image. I want the script to return the coordiantes of this ROI.
    > Is there an easy way to solve this problem or is there a good
    > tutorial?

    I would use a Canvas object, and plot your image onto it. Then, you can
    draw rectangles by binding mouse buttons and motion. You can find some
    helpful examples at:

    www.perltk.org/articles/index.htm

    Also, there is a newsgroup dedicated to Perl/Tk. Please post any
    Tk-related questions to comp.lang.perl.tk.

    --Ala
    Ala Qumsieh, Mar 10, 2005

  3. Thommes

    Octo Mancer Guest

    On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 07:54:32 -0800, Thommes wrote:

    > Hello eveyone,
    >
    > I'm new to Tk.
    > I want my script to display an image on the screen, then I want the user
    > to be able to draw a rectangluar region of interest into the image. I want
    > the script to return the coordiantes of this ROI. Is there an easy way to
    > solve this problem or is there a good tutorial?
    >
    > Thanks very much for your help,
    > Thommes

    You would probably be better off asking this in comp.lang.perl.tk

    Rich
    Octo Mancer, Mar 10, 2005