Tk - Displaying an image and selecting a regio of interest

Thommes

Hello eveyone,

I'm new to Tk.
I want my script to display an image on the screen, then I want the
user to be able to draw a rectangluar region of interest into the
image. I want the script to return the coordiantes of this ROI.
Is there an easy way to solve this problem or is there a good
tutorial?

Thanks very much for your help,
Thommes

Ala Qumsieh

Thommes said:
Hello eveyone,

I'm new to Tk.
I want my script to display an image on the screen, then I want the
user to be able to draw a rectangluar region of interest into the
image. I want the script to return the coordiantes of this ROI.
Is there an easy way to solve this problem or is there a good
tutorial?

I would use a Canvas object, and plot your image onto it. Then, you can
draw rectangles by binding mouse buttons and motion. You can find some
helpful examples at:

www.perltk.org/articles/index.htm

Also, there is a newsgroup dedicated to Perl/Tk. Please post any
Tk-related questions to comp.lang.perl.tk.

--Ala

Octo Mancer

Hello eveyone,

I'm new to Tk.
I want my script to display an image on the screen, then I want the user
to be able to draw a rectangluar region of interest into the image. I want
the script to return the coordiantes of this ROI. Is there an easy way to
solve this problem or is there a good tutorial?

Thanks very much for your help,
Thommes

You would probably be better off asking this in comp.lang.perl.tk

Rich