    yet keep the global 50k by 50k size intact so that i can place, move and
    center the display on obects referenced by the 50k,50k grid.

    Does this make sense to anyone? Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks

    gibbering poster, Feb 11, 2004

  2. gibbering poster

    Steve Lidie Guest

    gibbering poster <> wrote:
    > Hi there... I've checked the FAQs, and am very confused about how to
    > accomplish what I want...
    >
    > I want to have a canvas with a width and height of 50000, but I only
    > want the display width and height to be 1000 or so, and have scrollbars
    > to access the rest.
    >
    > I'm not sure how to create the widgets to accomplish this... Along
    > with the scrollbars, I want to be able to zoom in and out of my canvas,
    > yet keep the global 50k by 50k size intact so that i can place, move and
    > center the display on obects referenced by the 50k,50k grid.
    >
    > Does this make sense to anyone? Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks

    There are lots of Canvas widget experts, but not likely in this group.
    Re-ask in comp.lang.perl.tk, please.

    Steve Lidie, Feb 11, 2004

  3. gibbering poster

    gnari Guest

    "gibbering poster" <> wrote in message
    > Hi there... I've checked the FAQs, and am very confused about how to
    > accomplish what I want...

    [snipped TK question]

    seems to have stumbled into wrong newsgroup here.

    gnari

    gnari, Feb 11, 2004
  4. gibbering poster

    Ala Qumsieh Guest

    > Hi there... I've checked the FAQs, and am very confused about how to
    > accomplish what I want...

    As Steve mentioned in another post, there is a newsgroup specific for Tk. I
    set the followups accordingly.

    > I want to have a canvas with a width and height of 50000, but I only
    > want the display width and height to be 1000 or so, and have scrollbars
    > to access the rest.
    >
    > I'm not sure how to create the widgets to accomplish this... Along
    > with the scrollbars, I want to be able to zoom in and out of my canvas,
    > yet keep the global 50k by 50k size intact so that i can place, move and
    > center the display on obects referenced by the 50k,50k grid.
    >
    > Does this make sense to anyone? Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks

    Yes it does make sense. I wrote an article a while ago that discussed this
    specific issue. You can find it at
    http://www.perltk.org/articles/canvas_tutorial.html. If after reading it you
    still have any questions, then please post your question(s) to
    comp.lang.perl.tk, and I'm sure many people will be pleased to help you
    further.

    --Ala

    Ala Qumsieh, Feb 11, 2004