tkFileDialog Question

garyr

tkFileDialog.askdirectory() allows the selection of a directory. In my code
it displays a line of text at the top of the frame ("Please choose a
directory, then select OK"). A little below that the current path
("C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Python\...") is displayed as
a string and immediately below that in a small frame the basename of the
path is displayed. In my case the string showing the path is too long and is
displayed on two lines, the bottom part of which is obscured by the frame
displaying the basename. The title text referred to above can be changed by
means of the title option in the function call but there doesn't appear to
be an option for the path. Is there some other way the display of the path
or the frame displaying the basename could be eliminated or moved slightly?