Tkinter after() under VMware player

Discussion in 'Python' started by akineko, Sep 1, 2008.

  1. akineko

    akineko Guest

    Hi everyone,

    I wrote a Tkinter program that has a blinking widget.
    The blinking is controlled by the after() method available in the
    Tkinter.
    It worked very nicely.

    However, when I tried the program with a Unix OS that is running under
    VMware (hosted OS), I noticed the blinking rate is greatly reduced
    (1/2 ~ 1/4).

    It seems that the VMware is distributing the CPU time slot and after()
    is not correctly recognizing the situation.
    My laptop has a dual core CPU but I think my VMware (player) setting
    only utilizes one CPU.

    I know the time period of after() is not accurate but this is too
    inacurate.

    I'm wondering what is the best way to deal with this kind of
    situation.

    Any suggestion will be highly appreciated.

    Best regards,
    Aki-

    akineko, Sep 1, 2008