Tkinter and Print command

Rachel.Vaudron

Hi,

After a long time searching into the downloadable documentations, I wonder
if there's a dialog addition to Tkinter witch launch a print box?

I have searched in the module FWIW, where I have found askopenfile(), etc...
but nothing like askprint().

Thanks a lot for your help.

Rachel

**************************************
(e-mail address removed)
Laboratoire de prehistoire du Lazaret
33 bis bd Franck Pilatte 06300 Nice
tel:04-92-00-17-37/fax:04-92-00-17-39
******** Windows a bug's life ********

Michael Peuser

Rachel.Vaudron said:
After a long time searching into the downloadable documentations, I wonder
if there's a dialog addition to Tkinter witch launch a print box?

They main issue is that Tk cannot print at all, so what use do you have for
a print box?

A Canvas widget can output PostScript to a file, but tscaling is somwhat.

If you need printable documents, you will get good results with PDF using
ReportLab. Note that you have to do all the rendering yourself, but
ReportLab has a lot of features and PostScript is *very* flexible.

Kindly
MichaelP