Tkinter GUI Question-Infinite Loop

prquinn

Greetings,

I'm trying to run a simple Tkinter program that opens a program when you click a button. The code is listed below. I use a command to call a programthat then calls a fortran program. However, when I click on the button, it opens the program but the menu of the program i'm calling goes into an infinite loop......the offending code seems to be in the button1Click module.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

from Tkinter import *
import os, sys
from win32com.client import Dispatch
xlApp=Dispatch('Excel.Application')
_PSSBINPATH=r"C:\Program Files\PTI\PSSE32\PSSBIN"
os.environ['PATH']=_PSSBINPATH+';'+os.environ['PATH']
sys.path.insert(0,_PSSBINPATH)
import redirect; redirect.psse2py()
import psspy

class MyApp:
def __init__(self, parent):
self.myParent = parent ### (7) remember my parent, the root
self.myContainer1 = Frame(parent)
self.myContainer1.pack()

self.button1 = Button(self.myContainer1)
self.button1.configure(text="OK", background= "green")
self.button1.pack(side=LEFT)
self.button1.bind("<Button-1>", self.button1Click) ### (1)

self.button2 = Button(self.myContainer1)
self.button2.configure(text="Cancel", background="red")
self.button2.pack(side=RIGHT)
self.button2.bind("<Button-1>", self.button2Click) ### (2)

def button1Click(self,event): ### (3)
psspy.runiplanfile(r"C:\MNTACT\Contingency Program\work\contingency-31-4.irf")
if self.button1["background"] == "green": ### (4)
self.button1["background"] = "yellow"
else:
self.button1["background"] = "green"

def button2Click(self, event): ### (5)
self.myParent.destroy() ### (6)

root = Tk()
myapp = MyApp(root)
root.mainloop()

MRAB

Greetings,

I'm trying to run a simple Tkinter program that opens a program when
you click a button. The code is listed below. I use a command to
call a program that then calls a fortran program. However, when I
click on the button, it opens the program but the menu of the program
i'm calling goes into an infinite loop......the offending code seems
to be in the button1Click module.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
You say "the menu *of the program i'm calling* goes into an infinite
loop" (my emphasis), so perhaps the problem isn't in _your_ code.

Try something simpler like this:

import psspy

psspy.runiplanfile(r"C:\MNTACT\Contingency
Program\work\contingency-31-4.irf")

Does the program you're calling still go into an infinite loop?