Tkinter - How to create combo box using Tix with the existing Tkinterwidgets/

Discussion in 'Python' started by dudeja.rajat@gmail.com, Aug 25, 2008.

    I'm using Tkinter module to create a GUI application. I found that the
    combo box is not present in Tkinter module.
    It comes with Tix module. Could some one give me an example to create
    a combo box whilst using Tix and Tkinter?

    I've been using the following to create my tkinter widgets:
    myRoot = Tk()

    and in my Gui code, I've been using
    self.lbAnalysisLib = Listbox(master, \
    yscrollcommand = self.vsbAnalysisLib.set,\
    height = 1,
    width = 30)

    Please suggest how could I call the Tix's combo box from my existing
    GUI application that heavily uses the Tkinter widgets?
    Kindly provide me some code examples.

    Thanks and regards,
    Rajat

    , Aug 25, 2008