    including those ones from other programs)?

    Thank you in advance,
    Dmitrey

    dmitrey, Sep 23, 2008

  2. dmitrey

    dmitrey Guest

    Re: how to keep a window above all other OS windows?

    On Sep 23, 11:21 pm, dmitrey <> wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > how to keep a Tkinter window above all other OS windows (i.e.
    > including those ones from other programs)?
    >
    > Thank you in advance,
    > Dmitrey

    I have put [Tkinter] into topic of my message but somehow it has been
    removed.
    D.

    dmitrey, Sep 23, 2008

  3. Re: how to keep a window above all other OS windows?

    On Sep 23, 3:34 pm, dmitrey <> wrote:
    > On Sep 23, 11:21 pm, dmitrey <> wrote:
    >
    > > Hi all,
    > > how to keep a Tkinter window above all other OS windows (i.e.
    > > including those ones from other programs)?

    > > Thank you in advance,
    > > Dmitrey

    > I have put [Tkinter] into topic of my message but somehow it has been
    > removed.
    > D.

    If you can get the handle of the window from the Tk framework, use the
    os call in 'ctypes'. Windows' call is ShowWindow( handle,
    HWND_TOPMOST ) I think.

    Aaron \Castironpi\ Brady, Sep 24, 2008
  4. In message <>, Dennis Lee
    Bieber wrote:

    > {I miss the Amiga --
    > where one had the option to push a window to the back /without/ losing
    > focus... made it useful for reading one window while touch-typing data
    > into the "hidden" window}

    This sort of thing should be configurable in many X11-based window managers.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Sep 26, 2008
  5. dmitrey

    MRAB Guest

    On Sep 26, 10:04 am, Dennis Lee Bieber <> wrote:
    > On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 19:52:59 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    > <_zealand> declaimed the following in
    > comp.lang.python:
    >

    > > This sort of thing should be configurable in many X11-based window managers.

    >         Maybe... But I'm stuck with a MicroSloth world -- at least they
    > didn't decide 1 mouse button is all anyone would need <G>

    There's some useful information at http://epydoc.sourceforge.net/stdlib/Tkinter.Wm-class.html.

    >>> from Tkinter import *
    >>> w.attributes('-topmost', True)

    ''