Tkinter inheritance mess?

ejetzer

For a school project, I'm trying to make a minimalist web browser, and
I chose to use Tk as the rendering toolkit. I made my parser classes
into Tkinter canvases, so that I would only have to call pack and
mainloop functions in order to display the rendering. Right now, two
bugs are affecting the program :
1) When running the full app¹, which fetches a document and then
attempts to display it, I get a TclError :
_tkinter.TclError: bad window path name "{Extensible
Markup Language (XML) 1.0 (Fifth Edition)}"
2) When running only the parsing and rendering test², I get a big
window to open, with nothing displayed. I am not quite familiar with
Tk, so I have no idea of why it acts that way.

1: webbrowser.py
2: xmlparser.py

ejetzer

For a school project, I'm trying to make a minimalist web browser, and
I chose to use Tk as the rendering toolkit. I made my parser classes
into Tkinter canvases, so that I would only have to call pack and
mainloop functions in order to display the rendering. Right now, two
bugs are affecting the program :
1) When running the full app¹, which fetches a document and then
attempts to display it, I get a TclError :
                 _tkinter.TclError: bad window path name "{Extensible
Markup Language (XML) 1.0 (Fifth Edition)}"
2) When running only the parsing and rendering test², I get a big
window to open, with nothing displayed. I am not quite familiar with
Tk, so I have no idea of why it acts that way.

1: webbrowser.py
2: xmlparser.py

I just realized I haven't included the Google Code project url :
http://code.google.com/p/smally-browser/source/browse/#svn/trunk

ejetzer

Check your indentation xmlparser.py in line 63 to 236, are they supposed
to be correct?

Yes, these are functions that are used exclusively inside the feed
function, so I decided to restrict their namespace. I just realized it
could be confusing, so I placed them in global namsespace.