tkinter, kde 3.2, and window manager size hints

Discussion in 'Python' started by Stephen Boulet, Nov 12, 2003.

  1. Testing the new kde 3.2 beta, I noticed that none of my tkinter (or any tk)
    apps have maximize buttons. I submitted a bug report, and was asked to run
    the "xprop" command on a tk window.

    One of the "hints" a tk window passes to the window manager is:

    <<
    WM_NORMAL_HINTS(WM_SIZE_HINTS):
    user specified location: 0, 0
    program specified minimum size: 30 by 10
    program specified maximum size: 1265 by 994

    Since the "program specified maximum size" was smaller than the display, my
    window manager didn't add a maximize button.

    Is this "program specified maximum size" hint something that I can change in
    tkinter? Thanks.

    --
    Stephen
    From here to there