Tkinter on dual screen

nik

hello,

i am writing an app which is running on a dual screen setup on windows
and OS X. is anyone doing this using Tkinter? are there problems with
it?

i know Tk() takes a "screenname" argument which specifies the screen.
but i am not sure about how well Tkinter copes with having two Tk
objects and i could not find any documentation as to what the screens
are called.

- what are the screen names for screen 1 / 2 on windows / linux / OS X?
- is there a Tk command that can check for multiple screens? ideally i
would like something like
names = getScreenNames()
that tells me how many screens there are and what they are called. then
i could write my app so that it runs on any OS and with any number of
screens. all the examples i have seen so far rely on a
platform-specific name which seems to come out of nowhere...
- are you running dual screen Tkinter and is it working? what are the
pitfalls?

thanks for any help!

nik