Tkinter on dual screen

Discussion in 'Python' started by nik, Feb 2, 2005.

  1. nik

    nik Guest

    hello,

    i am writing an app which is running on a dual screen setup on windows
    and OS X. is anyone doing this using Tkinter? are there problems with
    it?

    i know Tk() takes a "screenname" argument which specifies the screen.
    but i am not sure about how well Tkinter copes with having two Tk
    objects and i could not find any documentation as to what the screens
    are called.

    - what are the screen names for screen 1 / 2 on windows / linux / OS X?
    - is there a Tk command that can check for multiple screens? ideally i
    would like something like
    names = getScreenNames()
    that tells me how many screens there are and what they are called. then
    i could write my app so that it runs on any OS and with any number of
    screens. all the examples i have seen so far rely on a
    platform-specific name which seems to come out of nowhere...
    - are you running dual screen Tkinter and is it working? what are the
    pitfalls?

    thanks for any help!

    nik
    nik, Feb 2, 2005