    prebuilt distributions for SGI machines that include Tkinter?

    TIA

    david lees

    David Lees, Dec 6, 2006

  2. David Lees

    Guest

    David Lees wrote:
    > Does anyone have advice on installing Tkinter on s Silicon Graphics
    > machine (under IRIX 6, I think). The SysAdmin at work build Python 2.4.3
    > for me on the SGI box, but it does not have Tkinter. Are there any
    > prebuilt distributions for SGI machines that include Tkinter?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > david lees

    I don't have the disks in front of me now, but I think the freeware
    disks included with Irix have Python on them. Otherwise, you could
    download it from
    http://freeware.sgi.com/Installable/python-2.1.1-sgipl1.html

    If you want 2.4, the sysadmin could rebuild Python after installing the
    Tcl/Tk libraries (which you will need to use Tkinter anyway.) As long
    as libtcl and libtk are in /usr/lib or /usr/local/lib, Tkinter will be
    built automatically when Python is built.

    Pete

    , Dec 6, 2006

  3. David Lees

    David Lees Guest

    wrote:
    > David Lees wrote:
    >> Does anyone have advice on installing Tkinter on s Silicon Graphics
    >> machine (under IRIX 6, I think). The SysAdmin at work build Python 2.4.3
    >> for me on the SGI box, but it does not have Tkinter. Are there any
    >> prebuilt distributions for SGI machines that include Tkinter?
    >>
    >> TIA
    >>
    >> david lees

    > I don't have the disks in front of me now, but I think the freeware
    > disks included with Irix have Python on them. Otherwise, you could
    > download it from
    > http://freeware.sgi.com/Installable/python-2.1.1-sgipl1.html
    >
    > If you want 2.4, the sysadmin could rebuild Python after installing the
    > Tcl/Tk libraries (which you will need to use Tkinter anyway.) As long
    > as libtcl and libtk are in /usr/lib or /usr/local/lib, Tkinter will be
    > built automatically when Python is built.
    >
    > Pete

    Pete,

    Thanks for the advice. This is quite helpful. I will pass this on to
    the sysadmin.

    David Lees

    David Lees, Dec 7, 2006