Tkinter option_add for menu radiobutton

Bob Greschke

Root.option_add("*Menu.Font", "Veranda 9")

as an example, works fine in my program.

Root.option_add("*Radiobutton*selectColor", "black")

also works fine for regular radiobuttons. What I can't
do is get the selectColor of the radiobutton's in the
menu to be black...the x.add_radiobutton() ones.

Root.option_add("*Menu.Radiobutton*selectColor", "black")...nope
Root.option_add("*Menu*selectColor", "black")...no change
Others...no luck yet.

What would the correct command be? I can do a selectcolor = "black"
in the declaration of each button, but...

Thanks!

Bob

Eric Brunel

Root.option_add("*Radiobutton*selectColor", "black")

also works fine for regular radiobuttons. What I can't
do is get the selectColor of the radiobutton's in the
menu to be black...the x.add_radiobutton() ones.

Root.option_add("*Menu.Radiobutton*selectColor", "black")...nope
Root.option_add("*Menu*selectColor", "black")...no change

Strange... The last one works for me (as it should - see http://www.tcl.tk/man/tcl8.4/TkCmd/menu.htm). What platform are you on and what is your tcl/tk version?
- Eric Brunel -

Bob Greschke

Eric Brunel said:
[snip]
Root.option_add("*Radiobutton*selectColor", "black")

also works fine for regular radiobuttons. What I can't
do is get the selectColor of the radiobutton's in the
menu to be black...the x.add_radiobutton() ones.

Root.option_add("*Menu.Radiobutton*selectColor", "black")...nope
Root.option_add("*Menu*selectColor", "black")...no change

Strange... The last one works for me (as it should - see
http://www.tcl.tk/man/tcl8.4/TkCmd/menu.htm). What platform are you on and
what is your tcl/tk version?
- Eric Brunel -

Doh! You're right. Now it is here too. I must have been typing something
wrong...again. This was Python2.3 and whatever version of tcl/tk that comes
with it on Linux.

Thanks!