    code as wx to do the same job. I'm beginning to Tkinter up my language
    application. Am I making a big mistake?
    , Feb 17, 2008

  2. Paul Rubin Guest

    writes:
    > Tkinter gets no respect. But IDLE's a Tkinter-based app and every
    > example I've Googled up shows Tkinter as needing about half as much
    > code as wx to do the same job. I'm beginning to Tkinter up my language
    > application. Am I making a big mistake?

    I still use tkinter do to much less installation headache than wx.
    Paul Rubin, Feb 17, 2008

  3. En Sun, 17 Feb 2008 17:35:35 -0200, <> escribi�:

    > Tkinter gets no respect. But IDLE's a Tkinter-based app and every
    > example I've Googled up shows Tkinter as needing about half as much
    > code as wx to do the same job. I'm beginning to Tkinter up my language
    > application. Am I making a big mistake?

    I don't like Tk because the widgets are ugly, old-fashioned, and don't
    have the right "look and feel". But Tkinter is a good library, and a lot
    easier to deploy than gtk by example.

    --
    Gabriel Genellina
    Gabriel Genellina, Feb 18, 2008
  4. Kevin Walzer Guest

    wrote:
    > Tkinter gets no respect. But IDLE's a Tkinter-based app and every
    > example I've Googled up shows Tkinter as needing about half as much
    > code as wx to do the same job. I'm beginning to Tkinter up my language
    > application. Am I making a big mistake?

    No, you're not. Tkinter is a fine way to code up an application. I
    prefer it, even using Tkinter for commercial software. See
    http://www.codebykevin.com/phynchronicity.html for an example.

    --
    Kevin Walzer
    Code by Kevin
    Kevin Walzer, Feb 18, 2008

    Gabriel Genellina wrote:
    > I don't like Tk because the widgets are ugly, old-fashioned, and don't
    > have the right "look and feel".

    Take another look. A year or so back Tkinter went to platform native
    widgets.
    , Feb 18, 2008