Tkinter -- Show Data in an Excel like Read-Only Grid

beginner

Hi All,

I am really new to Tk and Tkinter. I googled the web but it was not
mentioned how to build a data grid with Tkinter.

Basically, I want to show an excel like data grid with fixed column
and row headers and sortable columns. But the grids can be read-only.

Can anyone give some hint on implementing this?

Thanks,
beginner

Zentrader

Hi All,

I am really new to Tk and Tkinter. I googled the web but it was not
mentioned how to build a data grid with Tkinter.

Basically, I want to show an excel like data grid with fixed column
and row headers and sortable columns. But the grids can be read-only.

Can anyone give some hint on implementing this?

Thanks,
beginner

See if tkTable will help
http://tkinter.unpythonic.net/wiki/TkTable

Benjamin

Hi All,

I am really new to Tk and Tkinter. I googled the web but it was not
mentioned how to build a data grid with Tkinter.

Basically, I want to show an excel like data grid with fixed column
and row headers and sortable columns. But the grids can be read-only.

Can anyone give some hint on implementing this?
If tkTable isn't what you're looking for, take a look at wxPython
(http://www.wxpython.org). It's a different widget set and bit of a
higher learning curve than Tkinter, but it has hundreds of widgets for
things like this (wx.Grid).