tkinter widget collection project

Discussion in 'Python' started by rick.lawson@rbc.com, Apr 21, 2004.

  1. Guest

    I, like a lot of developers, have collected a homegrown set of widgets for
    Tkinter.

    Any thoughts on a central repository for Tkinter widgets or widget
    extensions? Stuff that's not in Tkinter or standard extensions like Pmw.

    It would be nice if you could go to sourceforge and download a package
    instead of hunting the Vaults, the Activestate cookbook, googling, etc.

    If there's enough interest I'd be willing to set the project up on
    sourceforge and provide some (limited) manpower towards packaging submitted
    widgets.

    Thanks,
    Rick Lawson

    ------------------------------------------------------------This e-mail may be
    privileged and/or confidential, and the sender does not waive any related
    rights and obligations. Any distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the
    information it contains by other than an intended recipient is unauthorized.
    If you received this e-mail in error, please advise me (by return e-mail or
    otherwise) immediately.

    , Apr 21, 2004

  2. In article <>,
    <> wrote:
    >-=-=-=-=-=-
    >
    >I, like a lot of developers, have collected a homegrown set of widgets for
    >Tkinter.
    >
    >Any thoughts on a central repository for Tkinter widgets or widget
    >extensions? Stuff that's not in Tkinter or standard extensions like Pmw.
    >
    >It would be nice if you could go to sourceforge and download a package
    >instead of hunting the Vaults, the Activestate cookbook, googling, etc.
    >
    >If there's enough interest I'd be willing to set the project up on
    >sourceforge and provide some (limited) manpower towards packaging submitted
    >widgets.

    .
    .
    .
    Be certain to leave at least a pointer in the Tkinter Wiki
    --

    Cameron Laird <>
    Business: http://www.Phaseit.net

    Cameron Laird, Apr 21, 2004

  3. klappnase Guest

    wrote in message news:<>...
    > I, like a lot of developers, have collected a homegrown set of widgets for
    > Tkinter.
    >
    > Any thoughts on a central repository for Tkinter widgets or widget
    > extensions? Stuff that's not in Tkinter or standard extensions like Pmw.
    >
    > It would be nice if you could go to sourceforge and download a package
    > instead of hunting the Vaults, the Activestate cookbook, googling, etc.
    >
    > If there's enough interest I'd be willing to set the project up on
    > sourceforge and provide some (limited) manpower towards packaging submitted
    > widgets.

    Great idea!

    Maybe it might be even nicer if it was not necessary to download the
    whole package; I was thinking of a page where you could directly copy
    and paste the code of a widget into your application.
    I'm not sure about that, but maybe the Tkinter wiki Cameron Laird
    mentioned might be a good place for that, it might make it easier for
    other people to extend existing widgets (or maybe fix bugs in more
    complex ones).

    > Thanks,
    > Rick Lawson

    Thanks to you!

    Michael

    klappnase, Apr 22, 2004
  4. Rick Lawson Guest

    The wiki it is then, I see your point about being able to pick and
    choose. At least it will be a central place where widgets can
    accumulate.

    Rick Lawson, Apr 24, 2004