Tkinter "withdraw" and "askstring" problem

Miki Tebeka

Hello All,

The following script "hangs" on win32 system:

from Tkinter import *
from tkSimpleDialog import askstring

root = Tk()
root.withdraw() # <<< Problem here
askstring("Yap", "What's up?")

If I remove the problematic "withdraw" line the script works but there is
another Tk window at the back.

Any way to solve the problem?

Thanks.
Miki Tebeka <[email protected]>
http://tebeka.bizhat.com
The only difference between children and adults is the price of the toys