Tkinter zoom box

Philippe C. Martin

Hi,

I have the following convern: I have Tkinter applications that require a zoom
box, and have had the following behavior without changing a line of code:

1) Mandrake 10.0/KDE 3.2/Python 2.3: no zoom box
2) Mandrake 10.0/KDE 3.2/Python 2.4: zoom box shows
3) Mandrake 10.1/KDE 3.3/Python 2.4: no zoom box
4) Mandrake 10.1/Gnome 2.6/Python 2.4: zoom box shows

I know that sounds strange, but I am fairly certain this is what happened.

Is there a way to _force_ that zoom box ?

Regards,

Philippe

--
*********************
Philippe C. Martin

Eric Brunel

Philippe said:
Hi,

I have the following convern: I have Tkinter applications that require a zoom
box, and have had the following behavior without changing a line of code:

1) Mandrake 10.0/KDE 3.2/Python 2.3: no zoom box
2) Mandrake 10.0/KDE 3.2/Python 2.4: zoom box shows
3) Mandrake 10.1/KDE 3.3/Python 2.4: no zoom box
4) Mandrake 10.1/Gnome 2.6/Python 2.4: zoom box shows

I know that sounds strange, but I am fairly certain this is what happened.

Is there a way to _force_ that zoom box ?

What do you call a "zoom box"? There's no widget with this name in "regular"
Tkinter widgets, so it must be built with some other one... Which one is it? A
button, a menubutton, or what else?

If you had some (simple) code showing the problem, that would also help a lot to
understand what's going on...