Tkinter zoom box

Discussion in 'Python' started by Philippe C. Martin, Jan 3, 2005.

  1. Hi,

    I have the following convern: I have Tkinter applications that require a zoom
    box, and have had the following behavior without changing a line of code:

    1) Mandrake 10.0/KDE 3.2/Python 2.3: no zoom box
    2) Mandrake 10.0/KDE 3.2/Python 2.4: zoom box shows
    3) Mandrake 10.1/KDE 3.3/Python 2.4: no zoom box
    4) Mandrake 10.1/Gnome 2.6/Python 2.4: zoom box shows

    I know that sounds strange, but I am fairly certain this is what happened.

    Is there a way to _force_ that zoom box ?

    Regards,

    Philippe

    --
    *********************
    Philippe C. Martin

    Philippe C. Martin, Jan 3, 2005

  2. Philippe C. Martin

    Eric Brunel Guest

    Philippe C. Martin wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have the following convern: I have Tkinter applications that require a zoom
    > box, and have had the following behavior without changing a line of code:
    >
    > 1) Mandrake 10.0/KDE 3.2/Python 2.3: no zoom box
    > 2) Mandrake 10.0/KDE 3.2/Python 2.4: zoom box shows
    > 3) Mandrake 10.1/KDE 3.3/Python 2.4: no zoom box
    > 4) Mandrake 10.1/Gnome 2.6/Python 2.4: zoom box shows
    >
    > I know that sounds strange, but I am fairly certain this is what happened.
    >
    > Is there a way to _force_ that zoom box ?

    What do you call a "zoom box"? There's no widget with this name in "regular"
    Tkinter widgets, so it must be built with some other one... Which one is it? A
    button, a menubutton, or what else?

    If you had some (simple) code showing the problem, that would also help a lot to
    understand what's going on...

    Eric Brunel, Jan 3, 2005