TLB using problem

vul

I created very simple Class Library in VB 2005 (let's call it COMInterop). I
set Register For COM Interop property to true to make it accessible by VB6
program.
After I compiled it, I got COMInterop.dll and COMInterop.tlb files, I have
no problem with using both of them on the machine where the project was
compiled - TLB with VB6 clients and DLL with VB 2005 clients.
I copied the tlb and dll files onto another machine and registered TLB file
with regtlib.exe. I've got a message about successful registration.
I created a new VB 2005 Windows Form project, added the reference to
COMInterop.dll and it works fine.
I created VB6 project, added a reference to this TLB. I'm trying to use it
with the simple code which works with VB 2005, but produces an error in VB6:
Run time error '429':
ActiveX component can't create object

The code in client:
Private obj As COMInteropTest.COMInterop
Private Sub Command1_Click()
Set obj = New COMInteropTest.COMInterop 'The error occurs on this line
MsgBox obj.myFunction
End Sub

What am I missing? How do I make VB6 client work with TLB on any machine,
not only on the machine it was created?

Thank you
Al

Mattias Sjögren

What am I missing? How do I make VB6 client work with TLB on any machine,
not only on the machine it was created?

Teh assembly must be located somewhere the runtime will look for it
(the GAC, the application directory) or you must register it with the
/codebase flag.

Mattias

Mattias Sjögren

What am I missing? How do I make VB6 client work with TLB on any machine,
not only on the machine it was created?

Teh assembly must be located somewhere the runtime will look for it
(the GAC, the application directory) or you must register it with the
/codebase flag.

Mattias

r9r99

I had the same problem. I have installed the VB2005 in the new computer and I have added again the dll to my project VB6 (Project -> References). It works. Now I have to investigate what VB2005 file makes that it works, if somebody has some hint please tell it to me at (e-mail address removed)

Robert
Thanks