tld not found from jsp in subdirectory

Discussion in 'Java' started by Steve, Dec 29, 2006.

  1. Steve

    Steve Guest

    I have a set of custom tag classes with a tld that works fine if the jsp
    is in the root directory of my site. If the jsp is in a subdirectory, I
    get an exception message that 'the File "/mytags" not found'.

    Here is the top of the tld:

    <taglib version="2.0" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee"
    web-jsptaglibrary_2_0.xsd">
    <tlib-version>1.0</tlib-version>
    <short-name>mytags</short-name>
    <uri>/mytags</uri>

    Referenced from my jsp as follows:

    <%@ taglib prefix="scutils" uri="/mytags" %>

    Note that I have no taglib tag in web.xml -- I'm relying on the tld
    which is in the jar file with the classes,

    The compiled classes are in a jar file in tomcat's common/lib directory.

    When I put the jsp in the root directory, everything works fine, but in
    a subdirectory, I get the message that the tld file can't be found.

    I hve an "AJP Connector" set up, and tried adding /*.tld to that, to no
    avail (note that /*.jsp is there as well).

    Steve, Dec 29, 2006