TMail problem

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Simon Jones, Mar 7, 2008.

  1. Simon Jones

    Simon Jones Guest

    Hi all,

    I've written a Ruby script on Windows that makes use of the mysql and tmail
    gems. After a bit of hacking around (I'm still very new to Ruby) it seems to
    be doing what I want, so moved on to stage 2 of what I want to do - transfer
    the script to a box running Ubuntu server (7.04 IIRC).

    I installed Ruby 1.8 and RubyGems on the Ubuntu box without any problems. I
    had a some difficulty getting the mysql gem installed, but that seems to be
    sorted now, and installing tmail seemed to go without a hitch - certainly,
    gem list --local gives:

    mysql (2.7)
    MySQL/Ruby provides the same functions for Ruby programs that the
    MySQL C API provides for C programs.

    sources (0.0.1)
    This package provides download sources for remote gem installation

    tmail (1.2.1)
    Ruby Mail Handler

    But, when I try to run the script by:

    ruby getfeed1.rb I get:

    getfeed1.rb:3:in `require': no such file to load -- tmail (LoadError)
    from getfeed1.rb:3

    The same happens with any script (that I've tried) that requires tmail. I'm
    as new to Linux as I am to Ruby, so it may well be that I'm overlooking
    something really, really obvious here.

    Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

    TIA

    Simon Jones.
    Simon Jones, Mar 7, 2008

  2. Simon Jones

    Simon Jones Guest

    "Simon Jones" <> wrote in message

    > getfeed1.rb:3:in `require': no such file to load -- tmail (LoadError)
    > from getfeed1.rb:3
    >
    > The same happens with any script (that I've tried) that requires tmail.
    > I'm as new to Linux as I am to Ruby, so it may well be that I'm
    > overlooking something really, really obvious here.

    Sorry to follow up my own post, but I've found (thanks to Tim Hunter's post
    "requiring rubygems") that

    require 'rubgems'

    seems to solve the problem.

    Simon
    Simon Jones, Mar 7, 2008

  3. Simon Jones

    Trans Guest

    On Mar 7, 10:34 am, "Simon Jones" <> wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I've written a Ruby script on Windows that makes use of the mysql and tmail
    > gems. After a bit of hacking around (I'm still very new to Ruby) it seems to
    > be doing what I want, so moved on to stage 2 of what I want to do - transfer
    > the script to a box running Ubuntu server (7.04 IIRC).
    >
    > I installed Ruby 1.8 and RubyGems on the Ubuntu box without any problems. I
    > had a some difficulty getting the mysql gem installed, but that seems to be
    > sorted now, and installing tmail seemed to go without a hitch - certainly,
    > gem list --local gives:
    >
    > mysql (2.7)
    > MySQL/Ruby provides the same functions for Ruby programs that the
    > MySQL C API provides for C programs.
    >
    > sources (0.0.1)
    > This package provides download sources for remote gem installation
    >
    > tmail (1.2.1)
    > Ruby Mail Handler
    >
    > But, when I try to run the script by:
    >
    > ruby getfeed1.rb I get:
    >
    > getfeed1.rb:3:in `require': no such file to load -- tmail (LoadError)
    > from getfeed1.rb:3
    >
    > The same happens with any script (that I've tried) that requires tmail. I'm
    > as new to Linux as I am to Ruby, so it may well be that I'm overlooking
    > something really, really obvious here.
    >
    > Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

    There was a missing attribute in the gem. Try the new 1.2.2 version.

    T.
    Trans, Mar 7, 2008