TMail problem

Simon Jones

Hi all,

I've written a Ruby script on Windows that makes use of the mysql and tmail
gems. After a bit of hacking around (I'm still very new to Ruby) it seems to
be doing what I want, so moved on to stage 2 of what I want to do - transfer
the script to a box running Ubuntu server (7.04 IIRC).

I installed Ruby 1.8 and RubyGems on the Ubuntu box without any problems. I
had a some difficulty getting the mysql gem installed, but that seems to be
sorted now, and installing tmail seemed to go without a hitch - certainly,
gem list --local gives:

mysql (2.7)
MySQL/Ruby provides the same functions for Ruby programs that the
MySQL C API provides for C programs.

sources (0.0.1)
This package provides download sources for remote gem installation

tmail (1.2.1)
Ruby Mail Handler

But, when I try to run the script by:

ruby getfeed1.rb I get:

getfeed1.rb:3:in `require': no such file to load -- tmail (LoadError)
from getfeed1.rb:3

The same happens with any script (that I've tried) that requires tmail. I'm
as new to Linux as I am to Ruby, so it may well be that I'm overlooking
something really, really obvious here.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

TIA

Simon Jones.

Simon Jones

getfeed1.rb:3:in `require': no such file to load -- tmail (LoadError)
from getfeed1.rb:3

The same happens with any script (that I've tried) that requires tmail.
I'm as new to Linux as I am to Ruby, so it may well be that I'm
overlooking something really, really obvious here.

Sorry to follow up my own post, but I've found (thanks to Tim Hunter's post
"requiring rubygems") that

require 'rubgems'

seems to solve the problem.

Simon

Trans

[...]

There was a missing attribute in the gem. Try the new 1.2.2 version.

T.