TMail quoted-printable encoding question

Chris Roos

Hi,

I have just emailed the author but am going to try here just in case
someone has some insight.

Does anyone know why underscores are replaced with spaces before
using String#unpack to 'unquote' quoted-printable text (in method
TMail::Unquoter.unquote_quoted_printable_and_convert_to)? I've done
some reading around quoted-printable but found no mention as to a
need to remove underscores.

To test, I added a test to the tmail test suite that used a body with
underscores. This obviously failed. I re-implemented the above
method to not replace underscores with spaces and got the test to
pass. However, 'test_unquote_quoted_printable_subject' then fails as
it actually expects underscores to be removed.

As a little background, I'm using ActionMailer within Rails but my
tests were failing when trying to assert that certain tags were in my
email output. The problem was the missing underscores.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Chris

Jamis Buck

Chris,

This is fixed in the latest rails. You can use the beta gems (http://
download.rubyonrails.com/) until the next official release.

- Jamis