    I would be very grateful if any of you could suggest me as of where
    exactly I m going wrong?
    , Jun 21, 2006

  2. Tom St Denis Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I m working on armboot bootloader. I m trying to access the large
    > page(2112 bytes) NAND Flash from the bootloader. I had succeeded in
    > writing
    > a small pattern to test erase, write and read the flash. I dont have
    > any
    > idea abt checking ECC for the same. If anyone have worked on the same
    > ie.,
    > the modification of the code to support large page nand flash, please
    > give
    > me some suggestions. FYI my present code supports NAND flash woth page
    > size
    > 528 bytes.
    > I would be very grateful if any of you could suggest me as of where
    > exactly I m going wrong?

    1. wrong group
    2. you should be able to find databooks for the flash memory [if not
    you should buy from a better company]
    3. You didn't post code for us to review [in the off chance someone
    here knows]
    4. It's wednesday.
    5. You're really in the wrong group.

    Tom
    Tom St Denis, Jun 21, 2006

  3. <> wrote:
    > I m working on armboot bootloader. I m trying to access the large
    >page(2112 bytes) NAND Flash from the bootloader. I had succeeded in
    >writing
    >a small pattern to test erase, write and read the flash. I dont have
    >any
    >idea abt checking ECC for the same. If anyone have worked on the same
    >ie.,
    >the modification of the code to support large page nand flash, please
    >give
    >me some suggestions. FYI my present code supports NAND flash woth page
    >size
    >528 bytes.
    > I would be very grateful if any of you could suggest me as of where
    >exactly I m going wrong?

    One wrong thing is posting to this newsgroup. Please try in
    comp.arch.embedded (Added to groups list.)
    You also need to supply more information, otherwise nobody will be
    able to help you.
    You say "modification of the code to support..."
    How can anybody guess what is the original code and what was modified?
    The same goes for the hardware. Which type of flash memory chip, under
    what platform, (CPU? development board? custom hardware?).
    What development tools you are using, etc.
    Roberto Waltman, Jun 21, 2006
  4. Morris Dovey Guest

    (in
    ) said:

    | Hi,
    | I m working on armboot bootloader. I m trying to access the
    | large page(2112 bytes) NAND Flash from the bootloader. I had
    | succeeded in writing
    | a small pattern to test erase, write and read the flash. I dont have
    | any
    | idea abt checking ECC for the same. If anyone have worked on the
    | same ie.,
    | the modification of the code to support large page nand flash,
    | please give
    | me some suggestions. FYI my present code supports NAND flash woth
    | page size
    | 528 bytes.
    | I would be very grateful if any of you could suggest me as of
    | where exactly I m going wrong?

    [1] You haven't read the device spec sheet carefully enough.

    [2] You haven't said what problem you're experiencing.

    [3] You haven't posted any C code so that anyone could provide any
    kind of help.

    [4] You're (probably) posting to the wrong newsgroup. This ng
    discusses C programming.

    Other than for those minor details, you're doing fine. :)

    --
    Morris Dovey
    DeSoto Solar
    Morris Dovey, Jun 21, 2006
  5. David Ashley Guest

    Roberto Waltman wrote:
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> I m working on armboot bootloader. I m trying to access the large
    >>page(2112 bytes) NAND Flash from the bootloader. I had succeeded in
    >>writing
    >>a small pattern to test erase, write and read the flash. I dont have
    >>any
    >>idea abt checking ECC for the same. If anyone have worked on the same
    >>ie.,
    >>the modification of the code to support large page nand flash, please
    >>give
    >>me some suggestions. FYI my present code supports NAND flash woth page
    >>size
    >>528 bytes.
    >> I would be very grateful if any of you could suggest me as of where
    >>exactly I m going wrong?

    Look at the u-boot project, you can find source there that handles the ECC
    on NAND flash.

    Sorry about the late response. I've been busy...and I didn't even know about
    this newsgroup until today.

    -Dave
    David Ashley, Aug 24, 2006