To detect the errors with javascript when downloading the activex object?

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by ripken95, Jul 23, 2003.

  1. ripken95

    ripken95 Guest

    I create the ATL Object control and wrap it in the cab file.

    If a user downlaods .cab file from the HTML document successfully,
    my control can correctly work.

    But I want to show the error messages with javascript if the user
    cannot download the file or the error occurs when downloading the .cab
    file.

    What should I do for my ATL object control or add some check codes with
    javascript?

    Maybe I guess it should be like as follows but it can not work correctly:

    <script language="javascript">
    <!--
    function UA_OnInit()
    {
    if(test2==null)
    alert("A error occurs when downloading");
    }

    -->
    </script>

    <HTML>
    <HEAD>
    <TITLE>ATL 3.0 test page for object test2</TITLE>
    </HEAD>
    <BODY bgcolor="#ffffff" language=javascript onload="UA_OnInit()">
    <OBJECT ID="test2" CLASSID="CLSID:5C836C70-4909-477C-A1E1-643602ADD810"></OBJECT>
    </BODY>
    </HTML>

    Can anyone give some suggestions for me? Regards.

    ripken95, Jul 23, 2003