To enter and access database of MS access or any DBMS usibg C.

Sree

hello people,
Can any body give me the code or the basic logic to
enter and also access data from a Database management system using
C?...also tell me the actuall syntax to run an .exe file using C along
with the headers to be included.I want to do it in Windows environment
only....using turboC

Kenny McCormack

hello people,
Can any body give me the code or the basic logic to
enter and also access data from a Database management system using
C?...also tell me the actuall syntax to run an .exe file using C along
with the headers to be included.I want to do it in Windows environment
only....using turboC

Allow me to be the first to say this - and I say it from the deepness of my
heart, with all the kindness and love one has come to associate with the
helpful posts you get in this newsgroup:

Not portable. Can't discuss it here. Blah, blah, blah.

Christopher Benson-Manica

Sree said:
Can any body give me the code or the basic logic to
enter and also access data from a Database management system using
C?...also tell me the actuall syntax to run an .exe file using C along
with the headers to be included.I want to do it in Windows environment
only....using turboC

Your post is off-topic for comp.lang.c. Please visit

Chuck F.

Sree said:
Can any body give me the code or the basic logic to enter and also
access data from a Database management system using C?...also tell
me the actuall syntax to run an .exe file using C along with the
headers to be included.I want to do it in Windows environment
only....using turboC

Not here. See the references below, especially the off-topic and
welcome ones.

--
Some useful references about C:
<http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/C-faq/top.html>

Nick Keighley

Sree said:
Can any body give me the code or the basic logic to
enter and also access data from a Database management system using
C?...also tell me the actuall syntax to run an .exe file using C along
with the headers to be included.I want to do it in Windows environment
only....using turboC

I think you are asking how to write and compile a C program. You need
obtain a C compiler for the Windows environment (try a Windows ng) and
a good book about the C language, for instance:-

http://cm.bell-labs.com/cm/cs/cbook/

oh, and just ignore Kenny McCormack

Kenny McCormack

Nick Keighley said:
oh, and just ignore Kenny McCormack

Truth hurts, doesn't it?

Really, my post says exactly the same things as yours, and does it in an
entertaining fashion to boot. Yours (and everyone else's) is just dull,
dull, dull.

Netocrat

Christopher Benson-Manica wrote:
[a welcome post with introductory c.l.c links, with subject:
OT, welcome (was: Re: To enter and access database of MS access or any
DBMS usibg C.)]

That was a useful subject prefix, as was the one you used for the standard
Google response: "OT, Google boilerplate".

Perhaps a better label than OT though is TA (for "topicality advice"),
since I believe that by consensus strictly such posts are not off-topic,
and because other types of OT post are not as unconditionally ignorable by
regular readers. This would make it easy and safe for those of us who
have reread enough posts containing solely advice such as proper Google
quoting to filter them out by subject line.

Christopher Benson-Manica

Netocrat said:
Perhaps a better label than OT though is TA (for "topicality advice"),
since I believe that by consensus strictly such posts are not off-topic,

That indeed seems to be the case. "Topicality advice" doesn't seem to
fit the Google boilerplate, however - I propose MT for "Meta topical",
which could also include various other meta-topics which certain
participants might prefer to ignore.

Netocrat

On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 20:02:10 +0000, Christopher Benson-Manica wrote:
[re subject header markers]
"Topicality advice" doesn't seem to fit the Google boilerplate, however
- I propose MT for "Meta topical",

How about a combination: MTA for "meta topical advice".
which could also include various other meta-topics which certain
participants might prefer to ignore.

(Or to at least be warned about) posts containing solely FAQ or
newsgroup redirections, quoting or legibility advice, or welcome links.