To extract attachement from MS Exchange Server, in JAVA.

cipher

I have a requirement to read emails from an outlook email box (Exchange
Server)
and extract excel attachments, followed by processing of the attached
excel file.

We plan to implement this as a Java Daemon process scheduled as a
cronjob.

Any inputs on how this can be done is welcome.

Gordon Beaton

I have a requirement to read emails from an outlook email box
(Exchange Server) and extract excel attachments, followed by
processing of the attached excel file.

We plan to implement this as a Java Daemon process scheduled as a
cronjob.

Any inputs on how this can be done is welcome.

JavaMail supports IMAP, as does Exchange. Use that to get the mails
and extract the attachments. Jakarta POI can be used to handle Excel
files.

http://java.sun.com/products/javamail/
http://jakarta.apache.org/poi/

/gordon