    I want to generate a fingerprint for all exe files and store them in an
    exe file.

    Please help me to code this program.
    pradeep, Apr 15, 2006

  2. pradeep wrote:

    > I want to generate a fingerprint for all exe files and store them in an
    > exe file.
    >
    > Please help me to code this program.

    No need to code it. You can use an existing one.

    http://www.die.net/doc/linux/man/man1/sha1sum.1.html

    Alternatively, you can download sha1sum source code and learn how it is
    written.
    Maxim Yegorushkin, Apr 15, 2006

  3. pradeep

    Tomás Guest

    pradeep posted:

    > Hi! Everybody
    >
    > I want to generate a fingerprint for all exe files and store them in an
    > exe file.
    >
    > Please help me to code this program.

    I replied to your previous idiotic thread. **** off.

    -Tomás
    Tomás, Apr 15, 2006
  4. Is this a homework assignment? If you honestly want help with this, you
    need to provide more information too! If it isn't a homework
    assignment, and you just want a program to do this, then I suggest you
    follow up on Maxim's suggestion.
    Kieran R Campbell, Apr 15, 2006
  5. pradeep

    Pavel Guest

    Kieran R Campbell wrote:
    > Is this a homework assignment? If you honestly want help with this, you
    > need to provide more information too! If it isn't a homework
    > assignment, and you just want a program to do this, then I suggest you
    > follow up on Maxim's suggestion.

    I am not sure it is possible to do what Pradeep wants -- if I understood
    correctly, he wants to compute a fingreprint for every binary of a
    distribution and have all fingerpirnts in one binary -- if that binary
    must be the part of the same distribution it would be a difficult thing
    to do. Seems to be an off-topic though..
    Pavel, Apr 16, 2006
  6. Out of interest - how would one do it? I mean, if you have a binary
    that must contain its own hash while having a known hash it seems to be
    unsolvable - like the unbreakable safe with the blueprints to it stored
    inside.
    Vladimir Lushnikov, Apr 27, 2006