to get the frame index and name in IE & Mozilla

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by arungenesis@gmail.com, May 23, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Hello people,

    I'm working with HTML and Javascript. I have some problems in handling
    frames. I have the following questions:

    1. How do I retrieve the name of a FRAME in IE & Mozilla using a
    onclick event handler

    I have done this for IE and it is as follows:
    this.frames.name
    The above thing will be called inside the event handler.
    I need to know the same for Mozilla and I couldn't use the above
    as it is not working there.

    2. How do I retrieve the FRAME index in IE & Mozilla using a onclick
    event handler.

    The index here I mean is:
    frames[index]
    I exactly want the integer of the index.

    Thanks in advance,
    MAK

    , May 23, 2007

    Sorry Mr. Randy

    The above code you suggested is not working. It is returning error in
    the error console of Mozilla. The error is as follows:

    parent.frames[this.frame] has no properties

    What can I do now? Do you have any other suggestions...

    thanks and regards,
    MAK

    , May 24, 2007