To maintain special characters in java

Elbrethril

I must elaborate a text (extract from a file) that contains characters
(type ö ø). How can I conserve them after the elaboration? thanks

Oliver Wong

Elbrethril said:
I must elaborate a text (extract from a file) that contains characters
(type ö ø). How can I conserve them after the elaboration? thanks

It's not clear to me what you mean by "Elaborate", but you might want to
google for these keywords, to see if documents addressing your problem come
up: encoding, charset, unicode.

- Oliver

Elbrethril

It's not clear to me what you mean by "Elaborate"

ok. sorry for my english...
I have a text-file that including these characters, I must write a java
class that modifies the text, maintaining thes special characters.

thanks
Simone

Elbrethril

It's not clear to me what you mean by "Elaborate"

ok. sorry for my english...
I have a text-file that including these characters, I must write a java
class that modifies the text, maintaining thes special characters.

thanks
Simone

Thomas Kellerer

Elbrethril wrote on 12.09.2006 00:12:
ok. sorry for my english...
I have a text-file that including these characters, I must write a java
class that modifies the text, maintaining thes special characters.
Make sure you use a Reader (e.g. FileReader) together with the approriate
encoding to read the file, and then later use a Writer (e.g. FileWriter) to
write the file with the approriate encoding.

See:
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/essential/io/charstreams.html

Thomas